Friday, March 26, 2010

Hangin' at the Red E

Friday morning, Northeast Portland. Drinking one of the best Americanos i've had yet. Delish. Red E Cafe. It's owned by some friends of my ex. They've met me no less than 10 times since I moved here and still, they have no idea who I am. So weird. I'm bad with names, but I never forget a face.

I got my school books this morning. Why its so fun to pick up books at the bookstore at the age of 42, I have no idea. But, it is. It's like Christmas. A present, that's true meaning is yet to be discovered. When you get your books for your classes, you still have no idea whether or not you will even like the classes you signed up for. Crapshoot.

My Americano is really really good. Yum.

I still haven't started my music blog. Can someone start it for me? And then I will just put up the music? Please? It will get done before Monday, even if I just put up a simple one that might change in the future. We'll call it a work in progress.

I've given up on redoing my resume on this spring break. I looked at other peoples and mine is fine. More or less. I applied for a job with Nike yesterday. What?

My mom retired and is moving to Arizona next week. My friend Chris is moving to Italy the week after that. My ex asked me if I would be mad if he moved from Oregon the other day. Change is in the air.

I've spent massive amounts of time alone lately. Massive.

I get some visitors next week. That will be nice.

If I don't work on the movie, should I go to Barbados for a few weeks and then go to Spain and walk? I can't afford it. I would be either spending school money or charging it. Why don't I care? The world seems so fucked up to me lately, I think I just want to avoid it. As someone said to me the other day: "I'm just waiting for frogs to start falling from the sky."

I don't mean to sound disenchanted. Because I'm not. I'm in a great place and I care so much less about so many things. There are so many people in the world that have it so horrible, I can never feel bad about my life. Even things that should probably stress me out, don't. Somehow, I figure, it will all work out. And if it doesn't, well then..... I'll cross that bridge....

Do you still wonder what the hell this blog is for? I do. It's like, DEAR DIARY, LET ME TELL EVERYONE WHAT I'M THINKING FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON. Well, if after all this time, you are still reading, I hope you are getting something out of it. Something for yourself.

~thanks for reading~renee

No comments:

Post a Comment