Saturday, May 23, 2009

Countdown

It's hitting me hard this morning. I'm 99% packed, the good bye parties start tonight and I am a bit of a mess. I'm a bitch and a cry baby. Yep... messy. I've managed to be mean to my mom, cry on every phone call I've received this morning and all of it comes as a surprise to me somehow.

Tonight, I will be dining with 13 of my very good friends. It will be the kind of dinner party we all enjoy. Outdoors, in the warmth of the valley, wine and cheese followed by a three course meal and more wine. Everyone will laugh and I will most likely end up being roasted. I am going to miss these times.

This morning, my friend Chris reminded me that I should be feeling this way. "It may not seem like a big deal because you are going to Portland where you know people but you are in fact uprooting your whole life. That IS a big deal." My friend Terry told me I was "right on schedule..." with my morning meltdown.

I sucked it up and asked for moral support on Thursday when the movers come. I don't ask for help very easily or obviously. Terry offered morning wine or extra strong coffee. Chris offered to call in sick. At this point, I don't need any help with the boxes but I may need a friend or two to lift me up that day.

Don't get me wrong. I'm excited about this move. I am especially stoked about the road trip up to Portland (me, my car, the speed and my music on lots of open road). Today, however, I am sad to leave and say farewell to so many great people.

Renee

PS - Vickie has a visitor in from out of town for the week. You probably won't hear from her until after that friend leaves. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment