Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tuesday

I can't believe it's Tuesday already and that I'm leaving next Monday. I'm sitting on my couch with my legs propped up on one of my two ottoman's for the final time. I am waiting, as I scarf down a Starbucks lowfat turkey bacon breakfast sandwich and wash it down with an iced venti americano (no bubble lids, no long straws please). Some girl is on her way here from Hollywood to pick up the ottomans and pay me a measly 10 bucks for both of them. What a rip off. A rip off I agreed to. My living room, aside from the mountain of home depot boxes to my right, is almost empty. My mom took the end table I was trying to sell on Craigslist, a girl and her mom came by and got my coffee table last night. Today I'm saying good bye to my ottomans/foot rests/desk chairs/guest chairs (all the same thing if you didn't catch that). It's the end of an era saying goodbye to them. They came with the first couch and chair I bought on my own (and am still trying to sell or give away). I will miss the ottomans in a "thank god they are gone" kind of way.

Recapping the weekend... Friday night I had dinner with a very close friend. The meal and conversation was great. The service sucked. You can't have everything. Saturday was my first going away party. It was lovely and beautiful and fabulous and touching and everything I could have asked for. I had so much fun and I am so thankful for all the wonderful people I have in my life. Yes, I cried, a little, when I had to say goodnight to a few people. But only because they all mean so much to me and its hard sometimes to reconcile that leaving doesn't mean leaving friends behind. It just means that things will change and, as usual, change is exciting and scary. So you ask, how do we get past the weepies? We wake up Sunday and go to a crazy fun Memorial Day BBQ. Burgers, beers, corn-hole (the game), shots, more shots, potato salad, jello shots, more corn-hole, strawberries, steaks, wine, spritzers. Yes, I'm that list only contains the things I took part in. I know what you are thinking... grow up? Well, it was a lot of fun and everyone behaved, which is kind of a miracle. Yesterday was spent watching movies recuperating in the lazy lair at Nat's (she lives upstairs).

So now, being that it is Tuesday, the sprint begins. I'm too serious about my "list" today to worry about my feelings. I'm actually happy for the distractions of the next couple of days as I think it will help keep my feet on the ground. Today I say good bye to upstairs Nat. Tonight I dine with some family. Tomorrow, THE POD ARRIVES!

Tuesday, the day before the pod arrives. Tuesday, the day I let go of the place I rest my feet. Tuesday, the day I arrive in Portland next week. Tuesday, today.

No comments:

Post a Comment