Thursday, May 21, 2009

Ten Day Countdown


I created this blog over a month ago, and like Vickie, am just now writing my first entry. Moving takes a lot of time and energy and writing takes me making time. The two things sometimes don't go so well together. I too am going to refrain from going backward in time and would like to take this opportunity to direct you to the "about us" section for a brief history.

Today I sit in my living room, half of which is filled with boxes, procrastinating the last tasks which involve packing dishes and shredding paperwork. While packing sucks, I do not question the move. I'm doing it. Last week was a little rocky but I got through it. Now I sit here and wonder how I accumulated all of this shit in five years. At some point I told myself that it was time to grow up and stop living like a vagabond. Time to own some stuff, like furniture, and more than one set of sheets, time to nest. Now, as I look at the stack of cardboard squares I wonder if living like a vagabond up until my 30's wasn't a better idea. It certainly made for an easier move.

It's crunch time. I have 2 pods coming next week and some mover guy coming the following day to pack them up for me. The good bye's start this weekend. Actually, they started last weekend in Joshua Tree. Or maybe they started a few weeks ago in Palm Springs. I have not gotten sad yet. Maybe it doesn't seem real. Maybe I'm too busy obsessing over where I am going to put the moving Pods when they get here. Transference? Frankly, I'm dreading good bye. I can only think about today or I start to hyperventilate. Not really. I'm just being dramatic. I should be, in theory, completely freaked out by my mostly calm demeanor.

My mind is wandering from this page, to the kitchen that needs to be packed, to the phone call I owe Vickie, to the people I am saying goodbye to on Saturday, to the lists I need to review so I can remember all the other things that are not passing through my brain at the moment. With that said, I think I just have to let it be that sometimes I am not going to have anything meaningful to say. But, to write is good, to blog is fun and to share experiences is fulfilling somehow.

And so it begins....

Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment